Discounts: Make bigger savings the more you buy. Savings are applied automatically in your basket. Full discount details
What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide to us when you make a telephone order or complete forms on our website.
- Login details to our website, e.g., email address, encrypted password, company name.
- Your IP address in web server logs (these are only retained for one month for security and diagnostic purposes).
- Your anonymised IP address.
- Your contact information including: email address, billing address, delivery address, name, mobile and landline numbers.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gatherThe lawful basis that we collect and process information is to fulfil our contractual obligation to you. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To send you an order confirmation.
- To process your order and co-ordinate delivery.
- To arrange to send you any products or materials ordered.
- To contact you should there be any problems or queries with your order.
- For internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, providing you have given your explicit consent for us to do this during the order process, you can opt out of this at any time.
DisclosureWe may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. The only time we would disclose any information to thirds parties is:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, to protect our rights, property or safety of our staff and our customers or to share information for the purposes of fraud protection or credit risk reduction.
Cookies used on our website
The Metal Store
|_zmey_session||first party||session||Provides essential website functions (login, basket, etc.)|
|cc||first party||session||Remembers that you've dismissed the cookie banner|
|NID||third party||6 months||Stores your Google search preferences|
|_ga||first party||2 years||Client ID which allows Google to recognise repeat visits from the same browser|
|_gid||first party||24 hours||Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||first party||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
Google Customer Reviews Badge
|OTZ||third party||1 month||Google APIS cookie|
|SL_C_xxxx_KEY||first party||2 years||Provides session recording functionality|
|SL_C_xxxx_SID||first party||2 years||Provides session recording functionality|
|SL_C_xxxx_VID||first party||2 years||Provides session recording functionality|
|TawkConnectionTime||third party||session||Enables live chat functionality|
|TawkCookie||third party||session||Enables live chat functionality|
|Tawk_xxxx||third party||session||Enables live chat functionality|
|__tawkuuid||third party||6.5 months||Allows Tawk.to to recognise repeat visits from the same browser|
Tracking softwareWe use third party providers to provide us with different services to help us manage our website. This provides us with information, for example, on how many visitors we have had to our site, and for how long they used it for, what they viewed whilst they were on it and what they looked at. This allows us to tailor our products to what the Customer wants. The providers we use are Google Analytics and Smartlook which allow us to ensure that the site is working as it should be.
Tracking software and personally identifiable informationAny information is used for our internal activity purposes only. We do not transmit personally identifiable information to providers of visitor tracking / analytics software.
Other third party providersWe also use the following providers to facilitate transactions on the website:
- Stripe (payments)
- PayPal (payments)
- Yorkshire Payments (payments)
- Mailgun (sending transactional emails)
Controlling your personal informationYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you do not wish to receive direct marketing or promotional material from us please write to us at the address shown below or email us on email@example.com.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address shown below or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from email marketing without signing in at www.themetalstore.co.uk/account/communication_preferences/unsubscribe